You may have heard the phrase ‘it takes a village to raise a child’ when people talk about parenting. Well, the same is true that it takes a village to keep a company afloat. Smart business owners outsource pieces of their company to be able to focus on their core values of their company.
Outsourcing business allows you to reduce your overheads as a smaller company, and control your overheads as a larger company. Reducing overheads means moving your revenue to the growth of the company, while also freeing up time as a business owner. Outsourcing has the potential to really improve your work/life balance. The below details five of your business processes you can outsource to contribute to the growth of your business:
- Housekeeping: Companies need catering and cleaning and both of these housekeeping items can be outsourced. Industrial cleaning services for larger spaces can offer contracts to keep your industrial space spic and span. You can also bring in catering services for large meetings and business lunches. By outsourcing these, you can free up your own business team and have them working on the important things that can further your company.
- Content Marketing: Generating leads is the objective of great content marketing, as well as educating your target audience. Instead of having your marketing team spend their time on setting up a blog and getting your content out there, outsourcing is your friend! You can build fantastic customer relationships as well as give a freelancer a shot.
- Finances: Bookkeeping takes up a lot of time and if you have been the person getting everything done for your company financially, it’s time to outsource. You can see a drop in productivity levels if you’re trying to do everything at once. Juggling in business just shouldn’t happen if it can be avoided and too much juggling can end in mistakes.
- Payroll: As with bookkeeping, your payroll can be outsourced to an independent accountant. Payroll is so much more than paying staff wages. One small mistake can have the potential to trigger tax audits. Using a reliable outside service, you can avoid costly mistakes and you can also free up your time to concentrate on your company making a profit.
- Admin: Hiring an office manager for your company is a great idea unless you are working from home. You can’t possibly have an admin team in your spare bedroom so outsourcing your administrative work will take a lot off your shoulders. You can easily get caught up in the paperwork and phone answering that a business has and when you hire a virtual assistant, you get to only pay for the hours you need administration done. This not only saves you money, you can focus on the bigger picture of your company.
As a business owner, you need to play to your strengths and do everything you can to make your business soar. Bringing in outside resources is just good business sense!